Maybe you're thinking 100 miles in a month doesn't sound that difficult. but I just want to put a little bit of context behind why this challenge is going to be such a big one for me.
Thave a little boy with epilepsy, and our days are completely unpredictable. His mood, his behaviour, his sleep, his seizures. everything can be so up and down. No two days are ever the same.
Some days he can have 100s of seizures and struggle to do the simplest things like brush his teeth or feed himself. Other days he might have just one tonic-clonic seizure which completely wipe him out.
And alongside all of that, I have a 3 month old baby.
So finding the time and energy to get out and walk 100 miles over 31 days is genuinely going to be a challenge. There will be days where getting out for a walk will be the last thing on my mind, and days where I'll probably have to squeeze the miles in around seizures, appointments, nursery, sleepless nights and looking after two little ones.
But I'm doing it because every mile is for children like Henry.
Children who are living with epilepsy every single day. Children who have their childhoods interrupted by seizures, hospital stays, medication and uncertainty.
If I can push myself to do 100 miles this month, hopefully together we can raise some money and make a difference to young people living with epilepsy.
I know 100 miles might not sound like a lot to some people, but for me, right now, it's going to be huge.
And I'm ready to give it everything I've got 🥹💜
Maybe you're thinking 100 miles in a month doesn't sound that difficult. but I just want to put a little bit of context behind why this challenge is going to be such a big one for me.
Thave a little boy with epilepsy, and our days are completely unpredictable. His mood, his behaviour, his sleep, his seizures. everything can be so up and down. No two days are ever the same.
Some days he can have 100s of seizures and struggle to do the simplest things like brush his teeth or feed himself. Other days he might have just one tonic-clonic seizure which completely wipe him out.
And alongside all of that, I have a 3 month old baby.
So finding the time and energy to get out and walk 100 miles over 31 days is genuinely going to be a challenge. There will be days where getting out for a walk will be the last thing on my mind, and days where I'll probably have to squeeze the miles in around seizures, appointments, nursery, sleepless nights and looking after two little ones.
But I'm doing it because every mile is for children like Henry.
Children who are living with epilepsy every single day. Children who have their childhoods interrupted by seizures, hospital stays, medication and uncertainty.
If I can push myself to do 100 miles this month, hopefully together we can raise some money and make a difference to young people living with epilepsy.
I know 100 miles might not sound like a lot to some people, but for me, right now, it's going to be huge.
And I'm ready to give it everything I've got 🥹💜